An Easygoing International Online Retreat
With Linda Modaro, Nelly Kaufer, Jenny Taylor, Anna Markey
Online via Zoom
*If you live in the US, please register with US details. If you live in Australia, please register with AU details.
All others register with details closest to your time zone.
THIS RETREAT WILL BE BENEFICIAL FOR YOU IF:
• You want to have a retreat while you’re sheltered in place.
• You want to participate in an online group practice with live, interactive teachers and sangha.
• You would like to practice with people from other parts of the country and the world.
We teach an open meditation practice that is followed by reflection and journaling. The roots of this practice are found in the Buddha’s early teachings and are based on learning to trust the ways of knowing that develop in meditation, enabling you to be more responsive and present in your life.
During this retreat we will have a lighter schedule. Our experience with online retreats shows that having more open space in the schedule helps prevent the fatigue of being online. This is an opportunity for you to augment our retreat schedule with a self-retreat schedule that works best in your home and life during this pandemic.
DANA AND SUPPORT
Suggested Fees and Support Range: $50-350
Pandemic economic support price: Please give as you can.
Please give to the community you are associated with, and you can give to others if you are able.
Pine Street Sangha for Nelly Kaufer: https://pinestreetsangha.org/support/
Sati Sangha for Linda Modaro: https://satisangha.org/donate/
Coast and City Sangha for Anna Markey and Jenny Taylor: http://coastandcitysangha.weebly.com/about-dana.html
• Log in a few minutes early for meetings. Your device will be muted upon entry. Please keep silence when you come on the call.
• In the upper right hand corner of the video you can choose speaker view or gallery view. Speaker view allows you to see the speaker full screen, and gallery view shows all participants full screen.
• Mute and stop video functions are in the lower left hand corner. Locations may be different on iPad or smartphone.
• Unmute when you choose to speak. You can choose to turn your video on or off. Please keep your video off during meditation sessions. If you are using an iPad or smartphone, please stabilize the device. If you move around, please turn off the video.
• We request that you use a private room whenever possible. A headset with a built in microphone is optimal, but not required.
• For optimal video conferencing, please consider rebooting your computer (and modem in some cases) some time before the meeting, and closing out all browser windows when on the call.
• Please understand that we will not be able to offer technical assistance once each session has started. You can email before or after the sessions and we will try to help at those times.
AGREEMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
• Beginning with self honesty – being truthful with yourself
• Respecting autonomy – the right for you to control the direction of your meditation practice
• Avoiding actions that harm yourself and other participants during our sessions
• Practicing confidentiality
• Treating different kinds of experience and people equitably
BASIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRACTICE
• Choose a comfortable position – we will be meditating for 30-40 minutes. You can choose to meditate for a shorter amount of time.
• Let your thoughts, feelings and sensations move, holding your body relatively still. You may start with any practice you feel comfortable with, and change the focus of your practice at any time during the sitting.
• If you feel overwhelmed at any point you can open your eyes, you can bring your focus to an object (your body, a phrase or picture, the breath), or you can get up and move around.
• At the end of your meditation session, reflect back upon your experience by writing it down or simply remembering.
• We encourage you to explore your experience in meditation daily in the small reflection groups.
RETREAT TEACHERS & FACILITATORS